Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"Terrible" Tim Focusing On 2011


Tacoma, Washington –


5/11/11 – After a short season in 2010, "Terrible" Tim McDougald, driver of the #68 KMB Design / Hargis Engineers / Print-NW / Cornwell Tools / Ringers Gloves Toyota Camry is focusing on the coming 2011 racing season and looking forward to a renewed excitement in the sport he loves.

"I'm pretty excited about this coming season!" said "Terrible" Tim. "We've put in a lot of effort to not only fix the car after last season, but to update it as well. I'm really excited about the work that's been done on it and I'm looking forward to getting it to the track and seeing the changes in the car."

After suffering some frame damage in a mid-season wreck, the #68 KMB Design / Hargis Engineers / Print-NW / Cornwell Tools / Ringers Gloves Toyota Camry was sidelined for the remainder of the 2010 racing season. The team worked with Rick Hagar at RPM Sales & Service to make repairs to the chassis and decided to go a bit farther with it once they committed. "A huge thank you to Rick at RPM Sales & Service for helping us get the car fixed the right way," said "Terrible" Tim. "We knew we had some problems with the chassis last year, but there wasn't much that we could do in the thick of the racing schedule so we just dealt with it. I was pretty happy with my guys; they actually had it running pretty quick, all things considered. But that last crash we got tangled up in pretty much did it in, so we decided to make it the way we wanted it since we were going to be cutting it apart anyway."

A new front frame section was ordered from Lefthander and installed on the old Biffle chassis by RPM Sales & Service along with a couple other updates that the team wanted to try. "I just love the look of this new front clip, it's not even the same car any more." said an excited "Terrible" Tim. "Rick did a great job on this thing. I can't wait to get it to the track and see how it works. We've already found some things that are just much nicer than what we had, just in the way it all goes together. It's just a nice piece now."

After bouncing around from a couple different series' and tracks, "Terrible" Tim will now bring his #68 KMB Design / Hargis Engineers / Print-NW / Cornwell Tools / Ringers Gloves Toyota Camry to Evergreen Speedway for the 2011 racing season as he still searches for a place to call "home". "Since I got back in the driver's seat, I haven't really had a home," said Tim McDougald. "My home track was torn down while I took a break from racing, so when I came back I felt a bit like a drifter. I ran with the LLMRS, a little touring series that went all over Washington and in to Oregon. I liked it there and thought that was my home for almost 3 years, until that series shut down. Then I tried Southsound Speedway in Tenino, but never really felt like that was 'home', I just sort of felt like an outsider for what ever reason. I never could put my finger on it. Nice place, just not 'my place', you know? So I'm pretty excited to be heading to Evergreen this year. I'm looking to make a new home, find some new friends, have some fun. I don't expect to run with guys like Moriarity, Lang or Knight or anything like that. I've never been on that track, those guys live there. Hopefully I can stay out of their way, earn some respect, have some fun and make some friends. That's what I liked about the LLMRS, we were all friends, and it made it fun. That's what I'm looking for. But hey, I wouldn't pass up a trophy if I had a shot either."

After a dismal 2010 season, the small family run team is looking to find that spark they had just a short while back, and find that fun factor that reminds them why they participate in this sport. "Racing is tough," said "Terrible" Tim. "We've had some serious ups and downs. We were one of the top running teams in LLMRS, we put our mark on that series. But the last couple years we've really struggled for what ever reason. Setups keep advancing, technology keeps marching forward, it's tough to stay on top of all that. And expensive too. Last year was rough, we couldn't seem to catch a break, we kept wrecking the car or breaking it. I don't think I finished a single race. So we're really looking to put that behind us and have some fun this year. We're joining the season a little late so that will take us out of the points deal. But I'm ok with that. I wouldn't have been a factor anyway; I need to learn this track and all the changes we've made to the car. Then we'll get in there and mix it up."

Be sure to catch the #68 KMB Design / Hargis Engineers / Print-NW / Cornwell Tools / Ringers Gloves Toyota Camry and the always enigmatic driver "Terrible" Tim McDougald as he joins the great group of drivers at Evergreen Speedway for the 2011 racing season. And don't forget to 'follow' "Terrible" Tim on Twitter at www.twitter.com/terribletim68 for up to the minute news on race days and much more.


For up to date news, information and complete coverage contact:
HayWire Motorsports
14711 12th Ave E, Suite B
Tacoma, Wa. 98445
Or visit the HayWire Racing website at - http://www.haywire-racing.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment