Thursday, June 10, 2010

McDougald Rejoins The Pack




Tacoma, Washington –
6-8-2010 – After a very rough start to the 2010 racing season, "Terrible" Tim McDougald, driver of the #68 KMB Design / Hargis Engineers / Print-NW / Ringers Gloves / Cornwell Tools Toyota Camry looks to rejoin the pack at Southsound Speedway in Tenino, Washington this weekend, Saturday, June 12th.

Having completed only 2 laps all season after mechanical problems have plagued the team and the new car like never before, "Terrible" Tim simply wants to get back out on the track. "I can't believe the luck I've had this year," said a very frustrated "Terrible" Tim McDougald. "We spent all winter building this car, we really thought it was going to be a good season. I know I came into it with very high hopes, I think my guys did too. Things just went wrong from the start. The car has been just riddled with mechanical problems. I've never had a season like this, and I've had some bad ones."

After parts failures and repairs took them out of the last two races, "Terrible" Tim had to readdress the season goals. "We went into this thing focused on winning 'Rookie-of-the-Year', but now that isn't even a possibility," said "Terrible" Tim. "I think the reality is that we just need to finish a race. I'd love to say we can challenge for something, but right now my new goal is to get to a checkered flag. The way it's been, I might have to steal one. I really hated for this to happen, our sponsors deserve better. But that's why we race, you never know what's going to happen. If we did, they'd just give out the trophy after qualifying."

With the new goal in sight, the team returns to the track to try to find some little spark they can build off of to get things headed back in the right direction. "This new car shows signs of being really good," said "Terrible" Tim. "We put a lot of hard work into it and there are little glimpses out there that tell me we did a good job. Then there are the moments when I question why we did all this. Hopefully there will be more of the first kind of moments than the second from here on out. I need to give my guys a reason to keep going, and my sponsors a reason to talk about us."

Be sure to head out to Southsound Speedway in Tenino, Washington for the next scheduled event on June 12th when "Terrible" Tim McDougald and his HayWire Racing team take the #68 KMB Design / Hargis Engineers / Print-NW / Ringers Gloves / Cornwell Tools Toyota Camry back for redemption at the track that has dealt them blow after blow during this 2010 racing season.

For up to date news, information and complete coverage contact:
HayWire Motorsports
14711 12th Ave E, Suite B
Tacoma, Wa. 98445
Or visit the HayWire Racing website at - http://www.haywire-racing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment