Tuesday, August 23, 2011

HayWire Racing Headed To The Fair



Tacoma, Washington – 8-23-2011 – This Saturday HayWire Racing will rejoin the Super Late Model action at Evergreen Speedway for the 1st Annual Mark Galloway Invitational.

"Terrible" Tim McDougald, driver of the #68 KMB Design / Hargis Engineers / Print-NW / Cornwell Tools / Ringers Gloves Toyota Camry looks to get back on the track after a huge crash sidelined the team for the better part of two months. Now, after lengthy repairs to the car, both the team and the driver are anxious to get back in action. "I can't wait to get back to the track!" said an excited "Terrible" Tim McDougald. "We've put in a lot of effort to get this car back together; we've had a lot of help from several different people. I'm totally excited to get back out there!"

This race will be McDougald's first time at Evergreen Speedway during the Evergreen State Fair. "I can't tell you how excited I am to be part of the Fair weekend," said McDougald. "I'm looking forward to the spectacle, the crowd, all that. It should be a great weekend and it should be a lot of fun. I'm kind of feeling the pressure already; a lot of eyes are on you. I'm just hoping we can make it through this one without anything happening like last time."

The efforts on the car started with fellow competitors the day of the wreck that sidelined the small family run team back at the end of June. With help from many unexpected people, the #68 KMB Design / Hargis Engineers / Print-NW / Cornwell Tools / Ringers Gloves Toyota Camry is finally ready for action one more time. "I can't tell you how blessed I feel with all the help and support we've been given to put this car back together," said a humbled "Terrible" Tim. "Some times you find friends you never knew you had. I really can't thank some of these guys enough. It starts with Jeff Knight, driver of the #70 car. What a great guy, I really can't say enough about him, just a pillar of the racing community; I'm so blessed to have him as a friend. Then I have to thank John Zaretzke over at JZ Motorsports and Rick Hagar over at RPM Sales & Service. Those guys were awesome getting me parts and getting them on the car. And I also need to thank several of my fellow racers starting with Fred Hall for all the parts that were donated to put this thing back together. I won't lie; it was ugly there for a while. But with the help of my fellow racers, I'm thrilled to say it is back together now and I'm ready for action."

The 1st Annual Mark Galloway Invitational will be held during the Evergreen State Fair, Saturday August 27th to honor former Evergreen Speedway crate motor tech official and Monroe High School 2006 alumni Mark Galloway. Galloway was a passionate car and racing enthusiast and employee of Speedway Chevrolet. For more information, visit http://www.markgalloway.org. For more information regarding the Evergreen State Fair, visit http://www.evergreenfair.org/ .


For up to date news, information and complete coverage contact:
HayWire Motorsports
14711 12th Ave E, Suite B
Tacoma, Wa. 98445
Or visit the HayWire Racing website at - http://www.haywire-racing.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment