Monday, September 24, 2012

"Terrible" Tim Racing For Kids

 
Tacoma, Washington –
9-24-2012 – "Terrible" Tim McDougald; driver of the #68 KMB Design / Hargis
Engineers / Print-NW / Fast Track Sims / Ringers Gloves Toyota Camry, will be taking
to a different seat this weekend as he heads to Pacific Motorsports Park to take part in the
first annual "Laps For Little Ones - Karting For Kids Grand Prix".
In what is sure to be a fun filled day of small car action, McDougald will don his
helmet one last time for the 2012 racing season, but the view from this driver's seat will
look much different than what the Tacoma, Washington driver is use to seeing. "I'm not a
kart driver by any means," said "Terrible" Tim. "But I'm looking forward to having some
fun and raising some money for this charity and I think that's the main agenda here." The
charity kart race will kick off Saturday, the 29th at roughly 10:30am and run until
roughly 5:00pm. All money raised will go to benefit the Donald B. Weller Memorial
Foundation, whose focus is "Helping underprivileged children receive the dental care
they need".
"I'm looking forward to this one," said McDougald. "I had one of my racing
friends contact me and tell me 'You should sign up for this', so I did. The racing
community is a pretty tight knit group; we do what we can to help out. I like being a part
of these events, helping out in the community and when you can do that while having fun
like this it just makes it even better. I took part in the 'Toys For Tots' race at Apex
Karting a couple years ago before they closed up. That was a lot of fun, a great charity
and I was sad to see it end. So when this one came up I jumped on it."
"Terrible" Tim's sponsors are also a big part of this charity event. "I have to thank
my sponsors again for this one," said McDougald. "I couldn't do these things without
them and they are also the reason I do them. I love being able to represent my sponsors in
the community, through these kinds of events. I always look for things we can do away
from the track and this one fit right in. It's still a racing themed event, but it isn't the
typical racing event we do. KMB design groups and Hargis Engineers both stepped up to
cover my entry fee plus an extra donation to the charity. I really can't thank them enough
for the support they have shown me. It will be an honor to represent them during this
event and I hope to make them proud. But really, raising money for this charity is a win
right there."
For information on how you can help or to make a donation, visit
www.lapsforlittleones.com

.
For up to date news, information and complete coverage contact:
HayWire Motorsports
1101 124th Street South,

No comments:

Post a Comment