Monday, August 2, 2010

Hard Luck Ends McDougald's Season







Tacoma, Washington –
8-2-2010 – After finally returning to the track after a lengthy time away, "Terrible" Tim McDougald and his #68 KMB Design / Hargis Engineers / Print-NW / Ringers Gloves / Cornwell Tools Toyota Camry found the return to be short lived as the two would be caught up in wreck that would be the end of his 2010 racing season.

After a solid final practice session saw the small family run HayWire Racing team make wholesale changes to the #68 KMB Design / Hargis Engineers / Print-NW / Ringers Gloves / Cornwell Tools Toyota Camry in an effort to find more speed, "Terrible" Tim would climb out of the car with something he felt pretty confident about. "My guys really kicked some butt that last practice session," said a smiling "Terrible" Tim McDougald. "I don't think we've ever had a practice session like that before. We must have made a dozen adjustments in that 20 minutes. I just kept running in and they'd crank on it some more, then I'd run out there for a few laps and we'd do it all again. They made some huge changes, and lots of 'em!"

Starting in the back of the Main Event, "Terrible" Tim would attempt to just settle in and run some laps. Quickly things would start taking a turn for the worse. "We started to develop some brake issues right away," said McDougald. "In like the first couple laps I knew something wasn't right. The pedal started getting really hard and then they started locking up on me. A couple laps later they started hanging when they would lock up. The car was really tough to drive." Early in the race McDougald would get caught up in some contact with a few other racers, compounding his problems. "I got into someone during a little skirmish that knocked the toe out of it," said "Terrible" Tim. "I knew I was in trouble when the wheel was turned about a half a turn from where it started. But what do you do? We pitted to look at it and nothing was broke, so we continued on."

After a couple restarts for some more mayhem, "Terrible" Tim found the one that ended his night. When two other cars locked together, spinning in the middle of the turn, both Lorentzen and McDougald would be caught with no where to go. "I heard my spotter yell 'wreck in two' just as I was setting my car into turn 1," said McDougald. "I got on the brakes and tried to turn the car up high, but they locked up on me and stayed locked after I got off 'em. The car just slid right into them. It was a pretty hard shot. I knew we were in trouble right away. Once we saw the extent of it, we knew we were done for the year. We've had a lot of problems this year; it's cost us a lot of money. I just can't keep going like this. My guys have been great all year; I have to thank them for their efforts. But in the end, we're just flat broke. But we'll be back next year."

After a season that has seen nothing but heartbreak for the #68 KMB Design / Hargis Engineers / Print-NW / Ringers Gloves / Cornwell Tools Toyota Camry and driver "Terrible" Tim McDougald, the two head back home out of the game, and out of money. The focus now will be on 2011 and making the needed repairs to the #68 KMB Design / Hargis Engineers / Print-NW / Ringers Gloves / Cornwell Tools Toyota Camry over the coming off season. Look for the two to return next season. Be sure to visit the team web site and blog for updated news and information and to sign up for the team Newsletter and Twitter service. The search is on for marketing partners for the 2011 season, contact the team through the web site with any questions or inquiries.

For up to date news, information and complete coverage contact:
HayWire Motorsports
14711 12th Ave E, Suite B
Tacoma, Wa. 98445
Or visit the HayWire Racing website at - http://www.haywire-racing.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment