Monday, December 6, 2010

"Terrible" Tim To Run Kart For Charity

Tacoma, Washington –


12-6-2010 – This coming Saturday, December 11th, will mark a first in the racing career of "Terrible" Tim McDougald, driver of the HayWire Motorsports #68 KMB design / Hargis Engineers/ Print-NW / Ringers Gloves / Cornwell Tools Toyota Camry as he takes the wheel of a go-kart during the 2010 running of the Apex Carting 'Toys-For-Tots' charity race.

Having driven Late Models over the last 4 seasons after moving up through the ranks of Hobby Stock and then Street Stock, "Terrible" Tim will give karts a shot to help raise money for the charity. "I'm pretty excited about it," said "Terrible" Tim. "I never drove karts in a competitive setting. Some of the guys I'm racing with now, they grew up running karts then moved into full size cars. I started in full size cars so this kart thing is new to me. I've run them for fun with my friends. You pay a few bucks, you get like 10 minutes and just make as many laps as you can and try to beat your friends. That sort of thing. But this is a little different. This is a 4 hour race with some driver changes, it should be fun. I want to do the best I can for my team, a couple of those guys are definitely better than me so I don't want to be the anchor that slows us down."

Raising money for charity is something the Haywire Motorsports driver jumps at when given the opportunity. "We like doing this sort of thing," said McDougald. "We took part in the 'Everett Children's Museum - Racin' Rally' car show and we helped out at the AIA scholarship program at the annual dinner auction they do. We like to get involved in these sort of events. They are always great fun and they give us a way to help out the community. And who doesn't like 'Toys For Tots'? What a great charity." Putting together the team was something McDougald really took the lead on after being contacted for this event. "One of our consultants from work first contacted me, KC2 Services, and asked me to help make this happen," said "Terrible" Tim. "I had to find us some sponsors and a few drivers to help us out, but we ended up with a great group for this thing. I have to say thanks to our sponsors for chipping in the entry fee. KC2 Services, KMB design, Merit Construction NW, Dickerson's Southbay BBQ, Quality Car Care and Quality Brake & Muffler all helped us take part in this great event. I really can't thank each one of them enough."

The event, the Third Annual Mini Le Mans Charity Event, a 4 hour kart race at Apex Carting in Tumwater, Washington will benefit 'Toys For Tots'. Teams will consist of between 2 and 8 drivers and rotate drivers throughout the event. Racing starts at 10:00am with a scheduled fuel stop at Noon. Contact Apex Carting for more information or stop by the day of the event to watch the racing action or visit the HayWire Racing website at http://www.haywire-racing.com.

For up to date news, information and complete coverage contact:
HayWire Motorsports
14711 12th Ave E, Suite B
Tacoma, Wa. 98445
Or visit the HayWire Racing website at - http://www.haywire-racing.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment